Wednesday, September 15, 2010

16-09-2006

Tomorrow Roel and me will embark for an one-off gig as Zebra in Idrija in Slovenia, and perhaps its a coincidence, but in 2006 we played together this gig in Xanthi, Greece. We were invited, as Zebra, to play at a baptism party. We arrived two days before. The first night we played at some squat like thing. I think I did a Freiband set, and Roel played a solo Goem gig (his only to this date). The next day we played as Kapotte Muziek in Xanthi Folk Museum. The recording is not top notch, with some hiss. On sunday the baptising gig and on monday the best Zebra gig to date in a bar in Thessaloniki. We didn't make any money, but greeks bearing gifts: I still wear the coat they gave me. Players were: Roel Meelkop and Frans de Waard. Gig 97 16-09-2006 Folk Museum, Xanthi, Greece

No comments:

Post a Comment