Saturday, January 9, 2010

XX-01-1999


Now here is a compilation that I am particulary proud of. Not just because it was released on Korm Plastics, but also becuase of its idea. I made a graphical score, with four separate lines of images and a duration, and asked five people to make an interpretation of it: THU20, Das Synthetische Mischgewebe, Alain Basso, Massimo Toniutti, Hiofawra. The sixth one was of course by Kapotte Muziek. In July 1988 I booked a week in an eigth track studio, AAwal, ran by Jasper Frenken of Mission Papua Holland for the small amount of 100 guilders for a whole week (5 days). Jasper would come in on monday morning, explain the basics and then leave, thus leaving you complete freedom. I didn't have that many ideas of what I wanted to do, so for at least three days I played about on the synths and trying out sound effects. The only two really finished pieces was one for 'Motop 1' (we'll come that in May) and 'The 4 Elements' version, which I still like a lot. I should have posted this in December, because in December 1988 I published this tape, but I overlooked this. Luckily the CDR version was from January 1999. In 1999 I worked for Staalplaat and re-issued all cassettes as CDRs. It was a bit hard to find this online, so I uploaded it myself.
Details:
Kapot Produkt 0AW: 'The 4 Elements' on Korm Audio Art Three: The 4 Elements (Anthology Of Interpretations) (c46 - dec. 1988 - ed.of 256 copies)
Korm Plastics kp 1288
Re-issued as a CDR in January 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment