Thursday, March 11, 2010

11-03-2003


Sometimes people ask me why I dislike Amsterdam. Here is one of my favorite stories: before this gig we were invited to eat in the restaurant of this Smart Space and after dinner I wanted to smoke a small cigar. A waiter come to me, and said it wasn't allowed. I pointed to the table next to us where people were smoking cigarettes, and the waiter said it was something different. The concert itself was in a small theatre like space. Remko Scha was in the audience, but I didn't recognize him (despite doing an interview with him in the early 90s). Martijn Tellinga, then working as Boca Raton, reworked this concert and was released on the split CD with Richard Chartier. Still available
Players: Frans de Waard, Peter Duimelinks, Roel Meelkop. Gig 84 11-03-2003 Smart Space, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

No comments:

Post a Comment