Friday, October 9, 2009

09-10-1999

On August 21st 1999 my father passed away, and he was the one who gave me the name Kapotte Muziek for all music that I played and he hated. That stuck (in various ways), but it sounded good as a bandname. Normally I'd like to think that all music Kapotte Muziek plays - at least for the good part of the 25 years - is absolute music, i.e. music that has no 'programm' (politically, poetically etc.). That division comes from classical music - a subject dear to my father. So when we played at De Kelk in Brugge a few months later, we decided to play a kind of 'In Memoriam' for my father. Programm music, dealing with silence. My mother came - the only concert she ever from me, and my father never went - and thought it was 'nice, save for the louder bits which happened every now and then'. I do remember it was part of a festival, but I forgot who else played, probably Klangkrieg, as I remember Felix being there, as well as Uli Rehberg. Players were: Peter Duimelinks, Roel Meelkop and Frans de Waard. Gig 59: De Kelk, Brugge, Belgium.

you can download this concert

1 comment:

  1. i seem to remember that you also dedicated a remix of John Hudak to your father's memory, right ?

    ReplyDelete